Terms & Conditions | GoThinkBig.co.uk
1. USE OF WEBSITE
This is website (“site”), is owned by Telefonica UK Limited and operated by National Youth Agency (together being referred to as the “GoThinkBig Team”, “we”, “us” or “our”) for the purposes of the GoThinkBig project which is an initiative between National Youth Agency (“NYA”) and Telefonica UK Limited(“Telefonica”) to offer work experience, assistance and career advice to people looking to find experience and to improve their ability to find work in the UK.
NYA is registered under company number 2912597 and under charity number 1035804. Its registered address is Eastgate House, 19-23 Humberstone Road, Leicester, LE5 3GJ (VAT Registration Number is 114998344).
Telefonica is an English company registered under company number 1743099. Its registered address is 260 Bath Road, Slough, SL1 4DX.
These terms and of use (“Terms”) (together with the documents referred to in it) tells you the terms on which you may use our site, whether as a guest or as a registered user. Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use the site. By using our site, you indicate that you accept these Terms and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use our site.
Additional terms may apply to particular services offered by us (“Additional Terms”). These Additional Terms will be set out at the point of access to the relevant service. If there is any inconsistency between the Additional Terms for a particular service and these Terms, the Additional Terms will prevail.
When you register on our site, you will be given a username and/or password that gives you access to your website account. You are responsible for keeping your username and password confidential, and are responsible for all activities that occur through your website account. You must (a) immediately notify us if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or website account or any other breach of security, by sending an appropriately worded email to email@example.com, and (b) ensure that you exist your website account at the end of each session. We will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
3. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Unless otherwise stated, the content of our site (including without limitation, software, graphics, text, images, designs, compilations, databases, targeting information, and the trademarks, logos, domain names, trade names, service marks, trade identities, any and all copyright material (including source and object code), and all other materials related to our site) (the “Content”) is protected by applicable copyrights, trademark rights, database rights and other proprietary rights. The GoThinkBig Team (and/or our licensors) own the Content. Nothing in these Terms grants you a right or licence to use the Content except as expressly provided herein.
Subject to strict compliance with these Terms, we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-commercial, revocable, non-assignable and non-transferrable licence to use our site and to view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from our site for your own personal use.
4. YOUR CONTENT
“User Content” means material (including without limitation text, images, clips, videos, comments, posts and any underlying material) you upload, share or submit to our site.
Whenever you upload User Content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the Rules of Acceptable Use, set out below.
You shall remain the owner of the copyright in any original User Content that you upload, share or submit using our site and the permission you grant to us below is not exclusive. You may continue to use your own User Content in any way, including allowing others to use or exploit it, provided that such use does not interfere with or impair the rights you have granted to us in these Terms.
You grant us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any User Content that you upload, share or submit to our site, which includes the right to incorporate it in other works in any form or media (whether now known or invented in the future, which may include other internet sites, mobile, television and/or radio) and you acknowledge that your User Content may be made available with advertising and/or sponsorship. You agree to waive any moral or similar rights in any jurisdiction that you may have in and to your User Content, even if the User Content is modified, altered or changed in a way which is not agreeable to you.
When you upload, share or submit User Content using our site you are making it available to the general public. This means that all users of our site may be able to view and access your User Content. Please do not upload your User Content if you do not want it to be available to the general public.
You warrant that:
(i) your User Content is your own original work and you own the entire right, title to and interest in it and/or you have all necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions to use, and to authorise us to use the User Content as contemplated by these Terms;
(ii) no further payments, monies, fees or royalties are or shall become due to any third parties relating to, arising out of, or in connection with our exploitation of your User Content as contemplated by these Terms;
(iii) your User Content complies with the Rules of Acceptable Use set out below; and
(iv) Your User Content (in whole or in part) does not defame third parties or infringe upon the copyright or other intellectual property rights, or rights of privacy of any third parties.
You shall indemnify us for any breach of the warranties set out above.
5. RULES OF ACCEPTABLE USE
Personal profiles and any discussion forums or pages of our site where you are capable of posting material (including User Content) are provided for your private and non-commercial use and for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of our site that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited. Your use of these forums and our site generally is subject to the following rules which, by your use of the forums and the website, you are deemed to accept (and which amount to a non-exhaustive list of prohibited acts):
You must not:
- use obscene or offensive language or other material;
- submit any User Content which is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory or hateful or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or hate;
- use our site for any illegal or unlawful purpose;
- submit any User Content which has been disclosed to you in confidence or which, by its nature, is confidential (including submitting personal details, addresses or other identifying information of private individuals or public figures which compromises the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself);
- submit any User Content which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful;
- User Content belonging to any person (or any material where the rights belong to any person) other than yourself without the prior written consent of the owner of it;
- submit User Content where the use by us as permitted by these Terms, will give rise to any third party claims;
- directly or indirectly suggest any endorsement or approval by the GoThinkBig Team of a product, service, content or any belief or opinion expressed within a product or service;
- place any links on our site where those links take users to unlawful material or material that otherwise contravene these Rules of Acceptable Use;
- place advertisements nor make commercial solicitations nor use our site for any commercial purposes (which would include using our site to promote or encourage the sale of your goods/services);
- register or attempt to register as a member of our site unless you are at least 16 years old;
- use our site to solicit information from anyone under the age of 18;
- impersonate another person or create a false or misleading identity for the purpose of misleading others as to your identity, or to collect information about other users;
- submit User Content containing any spy ware, adware, viruses, corrupt files, worm programmes or other malicious code designed to interrupt, damage or limit the functionality of or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment, Trojan horse or any other material designed to damage, interfere with, wrongly intercept or expropriate any data or personal information;
- alter, adapt, modify, copy or create a derivative work from our Content; or
- submit any User Content that authorises, enables or encourages the dissemination of junk mail or chain letters.
The GoThinkBig Team accept no responsibility for any statements, material (including User Content) or other submissions placed on our site by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of these Rules of Acceptable Use.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material and User Content uploaded to our site, for any reason whatsoever.
We do not undertake to monitor the submission or publication of User Content or users’ use of our site.
7. YOUR PERSONAL DATA
8. LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
We welcome ‘hot links’ and deep-links to our site, by which we mean that you may include a link to any page of our site on other websites, provided that you do not use such link in any way which would imply partnership, affiliation, endorsement or sponsorship of any service or product or which may bring us or the other brands in our group into disrepute. You may not display the Content or allow it to be displayed surrounded or framed or otherwise surrounded by material not originating from us without our consent.
9. FEEDS TO OTHER WEBSITES/RSS
If you operate your own website, you can display the latest headlines from other websites on your own site using RSS. We encourage the use of feeds as part of your website, provided that the proper format and attribution is used when any of our content appears. You may not use any NYA, Telefonica or GoThinkBig brand, logo or other trade mark alongside the RSS feed.
We reserve the right to prevent the distribution of content using RSS. We do not accept any liability arising from your use of the feeds or from any inaccuracy or omission in the content or interruption in availability.
10. THIRD PARTY LINKS
Third party links do not imply that the GoThinkBig Team endorses, is affiliated or associated with any linked website, or is legally authorised to use any intellectual property accessible through such links.
We do not view, edit or pre-screen any contribution (including User Content) that is uploaded to our site. Comments, reviews and/or feedback (“Comments”) relating to you, may be published on our site and may be critical or defamatory. We assume no responsibility or liability for any Comments uploaded or published by users.
We have the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to remove any Comments, User Content or other material that is uploaded or posted to our site without the need to give any reasons for doing so.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you can report any abuse or complain about any Comments, User Content or other Content on our site by sending an email to Priya Patel, Programme Management Officer for the NYA, at PriyaP@nya.org.uk outlining the abuse or complaint. If Priya is unavailable (or the complaint relates to Priya) you can report any abuse or complaint by sending an email to Amanda Fearn, Programme Manager within the NYA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. NOTICE AND TAKEDOWN
If you are a rights owner (or acting on behalf of a rights owner) and believe that any User Content infringes your copyright, you must provide us with a written notice by email to Priya Patel, Programme Management Officer for the NYA, at PriyaP@nya.org.uk, or if Priya is unavailable, to Amanda Fearn, Programme Manager within the NYA, at email@example.com, which states:
- that you are the rights owner or are authorised to act on the rights owner’s behalf;
- that you have identified User Content on our site which infringes your copyright (or infringes the copyright of a third party on whose behalf you are entitled to act, if applicable) and you believe in good faith that use of the User Content in the manner complained of is not authorised by you, the rights owner’s agent or by law;
- a description of the copyright work that you claim has been infringed which should include, the type of work (such as a photograph or a video clip) and any relevant further details;
- a description of the way in which the copyright material has been infringed;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the User Content in question on our site (including a URL specifying the date our site was accessed and/or a screen shot);
- information that will enable us to contact you, such as your name, a postal address, telephone number and, if available, an email address (these contact details may also be provided to the alleged infringer so that they may contact you directly, in order to attempt to resolve the complaint amicably);
- your electronic or physical signature (which may be a scanned copy); and
- that the information in the notification is true and accurate.
This ‘notice and takedown’ procedure is regulated by statute. There may be negative consequences if you falsely allege User Content is infringing your copyright or send a copyright infringement notice to us in bad faith. We recommend that you take legal advice before sending a copyright infringement notice, if you are unsure about your rights in the User Content, or whether there has been an infringement of your rights.
We have a policy of terminating the user accounts of repeat copyright infringers. A repeat infringer is a user who has submitted two or more items of User Content for which the GoThinkBig Team receives a copyright infringement notice in accordance with this section. If your account is terminated in accordance with this provision then, you shall not register or attempt to register a new user account. You agree to keep us fully and effectively indemnified and hold us harmless for all liability that may be incurred as a result of a breach of this clause.
13. TERMINATION AND SUSPENSION
We reserve the right to modify, suspend or discontinue any service offered by us or any part of it (including the availability of any features of or pages on our site) at any time and without notice or liability to you. We are also entitled to suspend or terminate your membership or access to any part of our site at any time if you breach these Terms.
Notwithstanding the above, we will try to warn users that their access to our site and/or their membership may be suspended or terminated.
User Content that you have uploaded or submitted using our site may still appear on our site even after your registration has terminated. We shall continue to have the right to use your User Content in accordance with the licence granted to us under these Terms.
You use our site and the services offered by us at your own risk. Our site, the Content, the User Content and other services offered by us are provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. The content and information displayed on our site is provided without any warranties as to its completeness or accuracy.
We do not guarantee that our site, the Content, the User Content or any services offered by us will always be available or be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from bugs, viruses, errors and omissions.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, the NYA (including its officers, employees and agents) expressly excludes conditions, representations, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and any liability incurred by any user of our site, including, without limitation, any liability for:
- loss of revenue, income, profits, contracts, business, goodwill, anticipated savings, reputation, data or information;
- wasted management or office time; and
- any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including, but not limited to, negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable whether arising directly or indirectly.
Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for: (a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence; (b) the tort of deceit; or (c) any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
You agree to indemnify us and keep us fully and effectively indemnified from and against all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities (including legal fees) relating to or arising from your use of our site, the Content, the User Content or any services offered by us, or arising from any breach or suspected breach of these Terms by you or your violation of any law or third party rights.
If any term of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms shall remain valid and enforceable.
18. EXCLUSION OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
19. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
20. LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms are governed by English law, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
These Terms were last updated in February 2016.