This website (“site”), is operated by the National Youth Agency (being referred to as the “GoThinkBig Team”, “we”, “us” or “our”) for the purposes of the GoThinkBig project which is an initiative managed by the National Youth Agency (“NYA”) and founded by Telefonica UK Limited (“Telefonica”) to offer work experience, assistance and career advice to young people looking to find experience and to improve their ability to find work in the UK.
Except where indicated otherwise, all capitalised terms have the same meaning as defined in our Terms.
(2) Information Collected
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- User Registration: Personal information that you provide when registering as a user on the Site including but not limited to your name, date of birth, postal address, academic qualifications, telephone number and email address. You may also be required to provide us with your username and/or email address so we are able to respond to any queries you or other users may have. The GoThinkBig Team recommend you take great care when choosing your username as it may reveal personal information about you. This information may be available to the general public.
- Site Visits: Details of any visits you make to the Site which may include, but is not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, other communication data, and the resources that you access or use.
- UIP Address and browser Information: We may collect information about your computer, laptop or mobile media device which may include, but is not limited to, your IP address, operating system and browser type. Such information helps us to develop the Site and the service we provide to you on the Site
- Cookies: For the same reason, we may also obtain information about your general Internet usage and browsing habits. We may do this by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Please read Section 8 for more information on cookies.
- Competitions: We may request additional information if you enter a competition or promotion. Such additional information may include your name, age, gender and other demographic information.
- Records: If you contact us to report an abuse, make a complaint, report a problem with the Site, or for any other reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Surveys: We may provide you with the opportunity to complete surveys that we may use for research purposes. These surveys are optional and you may decide not to respond to them.
- Third Party Products and Services: We do not collect personal information related to any transaction where you choose to purchase any products or services by clicking on a third party link on the Site.
(3) Consent and Storage
- When you provide the GoThinkBig Team with personally identifiable information (information from which you can be identified), it may be transferred to third parties. You will we notified when you data is being transferred to a third party (other than the NYA or Telefonica) and we will only do so with your consent and so that we can transfer personal details to other businesses that are offering work experience opportunities as part of the GoThinkBig project (the “Project”).
- The transmission of information via the Internet is never completely secure. Although the GoThinkBig Team will do its best to protect your personal data and use industry standard procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised access by a third party, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site. You accept that transmission of your personal data is done at your own risk.
(4) Information Use
- Non-personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties to help us to introduce, develop and improve the Site or for other purposes, such as providing more relevant services to users.
- We may use your email address to contact you and send you notifications or information related to the Site. We may also use your email address for security reasons so that we can verify your identity.
- You may be able to set preferences and control the elements of your personal information which are shared with other users of the Site. If you choose to display personal or other information to other users of the Site, you accept that you do so at your own risk. We recommend that you do not share any personal contact information. You can remove yourself from any mailing list or similar device by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We may at our sole discretion and without prior notice disclose users’ personally identifiable information if we reasonably believe we are compelled to do so by any law, regulation or other government authority, in order to protect our rights and/or property or the rights and/or property of the general public. We may also co-operate with law enforcement agencies and where required, may disclose users’ personally identifiable information.
(5) Acquisitions and Disposals
We may disclose personal information to third parties if we acquire or dispose of any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or purchaser of such business or assets; or if our assets or a substantial part of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
The Site may contain links to and from Third Party Sites. If you follow a link to any Third Party Site, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for such policies. You should check these policies before you submit any personal data to such Third Party Sites.
If you are under the age of 12, you must ask permission for your parent or guardian before you register. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone who is under the age of 12 or allow them to register as a user of the Site without their parent or guardian’s permission. If we become, or are made aware that we have collected personal information from such a person then we will we delete this information including their registered user account. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred then please contact us at email@example.com and we will delete all relevant personal information.
(9) Changes to this Policy
(10) Contacting Us
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is:
- The National Youth Agency whose registered address is 9 Newarke Street, Leicester, LE1 5SN