Go Think Big are excited to be able to offer up to £500 for your social action project! This is for anyone who is #BreakingBoundaries with an innovative and inspiring idea which changes the world around them for the better.
As part of a celebration of International Women’s Day 2018 on 8th March, Go Think Big are offering you the chance to get funding for a project around the celebration of equality and inclusivity. This year, International Women’s Day is all about #PushForProgress – uniting through friends, colleagues and communities to ignite gender inclusivity.
So we are asking you to think about ways in which you can be #BreakingBoundaries in the world around you.
This is an opportunity to gain funding for a great social action idea – an idea which helps society or your community. This could include film, radio, journalism or general media, which focuses on using technology to harness your creative vision. If you’re aged 15-24 you could be in with the chance of receiving up to £500 funding for your big idea that thinks outside the box! If you have a creative and unique project idea, then we want to help you get it off the ground.
We are looking to fund the biggest and best project ideas to creatively make your mark. If you have an interest in social action, digital and entrepreneurialism, and would love some help getting an idea from paper to reality, we want to hear from you. Apply today!
Who Should Apply?
Your project can be based around anything from skills workshops, podcasts or journalism pieces, to live events, community initiatives or apps. Let your imagination run wild! Don’t forget to consider the use of digital technology to further harness your creative vision, and ensure that your idea makes a positive impact in some way. We are looking to fund the biggest and best project ideas to creatively make your mark. We want you to be creative, entrepreneurial and innovative!
You can apply as just one person or a group of people, however the project must be lead by a Project Leader who will be responsible for all communications and finances. Participation in the programme will run for 6 months. Your project can take place at any point during these dates, or for the entire duration, depending on the nature of your idea.
Your Project must:
- Have a project leader aged 15-24 who lives in the UK
- Take place within the UK
- Have an element which benefits your community or young people within it
- Be realistic, will be completed within 6 months, and achievable with up to £500
- Consider how digital can be used. This may include, but is not limited to, digital platforms, digital connectivity, digital research or data management. You can use anything from video, to social media, to music software. Options are endless!
- Consider the use of charities or professionals where appropriate, for example if your project addresses mental health
We won’t fund:
- Project leaders who have already received funding from Think Big. If you have a big idea, but have already been a Level 1 project leader, we encourage you to team up with a friend who can act as a new project leader
- Projects which are part of, make a profit for, or fundraise for other charities or causes
- Projects which require full funding just for equipment
- Projects which benefit an individual through training, professional fees or salaries
- Leisure activities, including gig tickets
Want to apply? Click on the link below! The deadline to apply is Sunday 11th March 2018. If you have any questions or queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Go Think Big has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here