The C4 Apprenticeship Programme
Our Apprenticeship programme is designed to provide work experience and a related qualification to people leaving formal education and who have decided to pursue an Apprenticeship rather than attend University.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the Apprenticeship. Our Apprentices have external tutors who deliver workshops and seminars to them and offer support throughout the apprenticeship. It is essential for Apprentices to be able to balance their work and learning time and commit to delivering what is required for the formal learning elements in order to successfully achieve the qualifications on completion.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. Due to COVID there could be some changes in the way that training is delivered, for example it may be virtually rather than in person. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.
Am I eligible to apply?
- You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
- You cannot already have a similar qualification at the same or higher level than what is being offered on this apprenticeship. For example, you are not eligible to apply for this role if you have a Marketing related qualification at a Level 3 or higher.
4Studio is a newly-formed team creating and publishing a wide variety of content for Channel 4’s digital and social media platforms.
We’re looking for a brilliant apprentice to learn all aspects of creating content for a digital audience. This might range from video editing or copy writing, through to using data to help create ideas or filming with talent. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic user of social media, brimming with ideas, a great eye for detail and willing to learn.
This apprenticeship would suit someone who:
- Passionate about content creation and looking to pursue a career in this area
- Engages with digital content regularly
- Is a creative thinker who enjoys coming up with new and engaging ideas
- Enjoys being busy and is comfortable multi-tasking on lots of different projects
- Assist Editors and Producers with content creation for social.
- Reformatting for social platforms, including subtitling and/or copywriting.
- Attend location and studio shoots in runner capacity, providing production support (as and when possible in line with Covid-19 restrictions).
- Support the department with the production process including liaising with Broadcast Centre, footage tracking, schedules and delivery.
- Liaise with other departments at Channel 4 including Marketing, Media Planning, Legal and other areas of the business where required.
To complete your application please provide a response to the below application questions, you can upload your response to the application questions as an attachment when submitting your application. This can be attached to your application as a PDF or Word document.
- Please outline how you meet the ‘Essential Experience & Skills’ outlined in the Job Description (Max 500 words)
- Why do you feel you would really benefit from this apprenticeship? (Max 300 words)
- What one thing would you change about Channel 4’s social media content? (Max 150 words)
- Who’s your favourite content producer or influencer and why do you admire their work? (Max 150 words)
- Sum yourself up in a tweet (Max 280 characters)
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS
If you are unable to complete a written application form, we want to make the process of applying for one of our opportunities right for you as an individual. If needed we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Talent for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. If you would like to apply for an opportunity at 4Talent and we can help to make that process simpler for you, please email us at 4Talent@channel4.co.uk or call Yasmin Mehmet on 0207 306 5188.
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.
Start Date: 15th March 2021
Application close date: November 1st 2020
Finale interview date: 21st January 2021
Qualification: Level 3 Junior Content Producer
Length: 15 months
Channel 4 has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here