Collaborating with leading software developers, tech analysts and technology experts. Bumping into Anthony Joshua in reception. Working on a product that changes how millions of people watch their favourite shows. There’s only one place where you’ll see action like this in your career – and that’s Sky.
Join our Technology apprenticeship programme and you’ll spend two years taking on varied roles, rising to unique challenges and working on the kind of exciting projects you just don’t find anywhere else. All while discovering first-hand how we bring millions of people the entertainment they know and love.
What you’ll be doing:
Join one of three teams:
- UK Information Systems/ Sky Business Technology: get to know our Software Engineering functions, covering testing, automation, technical analysis, operational support and development. Find out how we provide solutions and services to our contact centre and engineer communities. And how we support the various online and interactive services for 11 million UK customers.
- Infrastructure Operations: we are the lifeblood of Sky’s critical internal and external systems, designing, delivering and supporting our IT infrastructure which includes servers, databases, data storage and batch processing systems. Join as an apprentice and you’ll be part of our dynamic team helping us to maintain a world class operation. We will provide a great environment for you to further your learning and showcase your talents.
- Service Operations: get to know our Service Operations functions; covering Incident, Change, Config, Problem, Monitoring, Release and Service Management. Find out how we bring together Sky Technology support teams and business stakeholders to ensure our products have high service availability, drive service protection and ensure our customers have an excellent experience
What you’ll need to be:
- Passionate about technology and our brand
- Collaborative and great with people
- A self-starter, resilient when it gets hectic
- A problem-solver
- Approachable and adaptable
Location: Sky Watermark House, Alba Campus, Livingston, EH54 7HH
Closing: The date is currently Feb 17th 2020 but things change quickly so apply as soon as you can!
Sky has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here