THE C4 APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
Our Apprenticeship programme is designed to provide work experience and a related qualification to people leaving formal education and who have decided to pursue an Apprenticeship rather than attend University.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the Apprenticeship. Our Apprentices have external tutors who deliver workshops and seminars to them and offer support throughout the apprenticeship. It is essential for Apprentices to be able to balance their work and learning time and commit to delivering what is required for the formal learning elements in order to successfully achieve the qualifications on completion.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.
AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
You cannot already have a similar qualification at the same or higher level than what is being offered on this apprenticeship. For example, you are not eligible to apply for this role if you already have a Level 4 or higher qualification relating to Market Research.
Please also ensure that you complete all of the application questions below and upload these along with your CV as without these we will be unable to progress your application
Business Administration - Level 3
Length: 15 Months
Sales Operations collectively are responsible for creating and delivering the maximum commercial value for Channel4.
The successful candidate will work mostly within the core Campaign Operations Team who have responsibility for creating and delivering maximum revenue across all means of viewing. This is done be liaising with the sales team to ensure that we utilise our airtime in the best way possible.
During the apprenticeship the successful candidate will also spend a portion of their time working with the Sales Operations Specialist teams which help support this work with multiple forms of Analysis
- Ensure all Digital and Linear activity is booked through the booking systems and adheres to the internal booking cycle
- Regularly Monitor the delivery levels of all Linear and Digital campaigns, whilst highlighting abnormalities
- Use initiative and judgement to resolve problems and ensure revenue is maximised throughout the month
- Resolve routine Airtime and Digital problems at a campaign level, whilst escalating more complex problems to the Assistant/Exec/Manager
- Understand all aspects of trading within the C4 revenue workflow and factors which impact the C4 sales proposition
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A passion for Channel 4 and our remit, and all things TV
- A basic understanding of how the TV Advertising Market works
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and resolve issues using initiative
- Good numeracy skills and an eye for detail
- Ability to follow instructions and work both independently and part of a team
- Experience using Microsoft Excel with ability to analyse data
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS
If you are unable to complete the Apprentice application, we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Skills for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Skills team direct at 4Skills@channel4.co.uk
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
We know that applying for a job can be a lengthy process and that you invest a lot of time and effort in your application, it really doesn’t go unnoticed! Please bear with us as it may take a little time to get back to you following the close date due to the high volume of applications received but please be reassured we look at every application and will get back to you with an outcome as soon as we can.
Stage One – Online application process
Stage Two – If successful through the first screening you will be invited to complete a short video interview to show us your passion for Channel 4 and tell us more about your background. You might even be asked to complete a short work-related task depending on the business area you apply to
Final stage - The final stage will consist of a virtual interview with the hiring manager where you will be able to find out more about the team you will be working with and ask any questions that you may have.
To complete your application please provide a response to the below application questions, you can upload your response to the application questions as an attachment when submitting your application. This can be attached to your application as a PDF or Word document.
- Please outline how you meet the ‘Essential Experience & Skills’ outlined in the Job Description (Max 500 words)
- What is your favourite TV programme at the moment and why? (Max 200 words)
- Tell us about a time that you have had to use your research skills and what were the outcomes of the research? (Max 300 words)
- Tell us about a TV advertising campaign which you think was particularly successful and why? (Max 300 words)
- Describe yourself in a tweet (Max 280 characters)
There are a million reasons why it’s great to work at Channel 4, here are just a few of the perks for you;
• 26 days annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
• Company funded Private Medical Insurance
• A generous Group Personal Pension
• Access to our flexible benefits scheme including dental, travel insurance, health screenings and more!
Channel 4 has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here