Reed Smith is a global law firm, with more than 1,800 lawyers in 26 offices throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the United States.
The firm is particularly well known for its work advising leading companies in the areas of financial services, life sciences, shipping, energy and natural resources, advertising, technology and media. It provides a wide range of commercial legal services for all these clients, including a full spectrum of corporate, commercial and financial services, dispute resolution, real estate and employment advice. Much of the work is multi-jurisdictional.
This event is perfect if you have just finished your A-Levels or studying law at university, and you are ready to start thinking practically about applying for a career in law.
What will I learn on the day?
The half day aims to provide attendees with a greater understanding of the career route into law as well as the skills required to succeed as a lawyer, and will include:
- An introduction to law presented by a Reed Smith partner – gain a clear overview of the industry
- Media presentation from current lawyers - deepen your understanding of Media and Corporate law
- Networking lunch - a brilliant opportunity to speak directly to trainees and paralegals
- Lawyer panel session with Q&A - ask questions to lawyers of various levels and learn more about different practice areas
- Application and assessment tips delivered by the graduate recruitment team – leave knowing how to sumbit a fantastic application and become a part of Reed Smith
Date: Friday 30th June
Time: 11:00am – 4:00pm
Location: Reed Smith LLP, The Broadgate Tower, 20 Primrose Street, London EC2A 2RS
Lunch will be provided at this event. Apply now as spaces are limited!
Here’s what other young people who’ve attended previous insight days thought…
“The best thing was the Q&A panel and insight into being a lawyer. It gave me information on areas I’d never considered before.”- Jamie
“The advice was extremely relatable and relevant, and it really helped to get a feel for what the firm is like to train with.” – Jessica
“The networking session was very informative as the trainees helped to give me a clear insight into their working life, which was really useful.” – Freddie
- Find out why you should attend this event in this feature and the five reasons you should attend an insight day
- Read our feature ‘Corporate Law, It’s Not Like The Movies’ to give you more insight into working at Reed Smith
- Discover why working in Media Law is brilliant in this feature
Reed Smith has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here