Reed Smith is a global law firm, with more than 1,800 lawyers in 26 offices throughout Europe, the Middle East, Asia and the United States. The firm is particularly well known for its work advising leading companies in the areas of financial services, life sciences, shipping, energy and natural resources, advertising, technology and media.
It provides a wide range of commercial legal services for all these clients, including a full spectrum of corporate, commercial and financial services, dispute resolution, real estate and employment advice. Much of the work is multi-jurisdictional.
Who should apply?
This event is perfect if you have just finished your GCSEs or about to start/started your A-Levels, and may be considering a career in law but would welcome a greater understanding in this profession.
What will the day involve?
The half day on 28th July aims to provide attendees with a greater understanding of the career route into law as well as the skills required to succeed as a lawyer, and will include:
- An introduction to law presented by a Reed Smith partner – gain a clear overview of the industry
- Enhancing your employability skills – deepen your understanding of how first impressions count, assisting with CV writing and interview skills
- Networking lunch – a brilliant opportunity to speak directly to trainees and paralegals
- Lawyer panel session with Q&A – ask questions to lawyers of various levels and learn more about different practice areas
- Guidance and tips delivered by the graduate recruitment team – leave knowing the different options of getting into law
Here’s what other young people who’ve attended previous insight days thought…
“Very informative, went into detail about various aspects about a career in law.”- Ibrahim
“Networking and getting my questions answered by knowledgeable people was really helpful.” – Ben
“I enjoyed being able to ask questions to a variety of individuals at different levels in the business.” -Simrn
Lunch will be provided at this event. Apply now as spaces are limited!
Date: Friday 28th July 2017
Time: 11am – 4pm
Location: Broadgate Tower, 20 Primrose Street, London, EC2A 2RS
Reed Smith has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here