We are a dynamic global law firm that is dedicated to helping leading companies, from FTSE 100 corporations to mid-market and emerging enterprises, drive their businesses forward worldwide.
At Reed Smith, we believe the practice of law has the power to drive progress on behalf of our clients, for ourselves, and for our communities. No matter what your role, whether a fee earner or business services employee, we all have the ability to do exactly that.
Our long-standing relationships, international outlook, and collaborative structure make us the go-to partner for the speedy resolution of complex disputes, transactions, and regulatory matters.
This event will give you an insight into the wide range of business services opportunities in a law firm that are crucial to the successful running of our business. We are proud of the vast, and in some areas unique, business services roles available within the firm ensuring exciting opportunities for anyone interested in pursuing an alternative career in law.
What will I learn on the day?
The day aims to provide attendees with a greater understanding of the different non-lawyer careers in a law firm as well as the skills required to succeed, and will include:
- Presentation given by HR and Office Facilities managers – highlighting the various opportunities
- Presentation given by a Reed Smith client - deepening your understanding of the collaboration between the two organisations
- A networking lunch - a brilliant opportunity to speak directly to business service support staff
- A panel session and Q&A with business service support staff - ask questions and learn more about some of the different roles within the firm
- Legal technology interactive session – find out how technology and innovation will help to develop business service careers within the industry
- Presentation given by the Learning & Development team – leave knowing how career progression can continue within Reed Smith at any level
Date: Friday, 24 August
Time: 10.30am – 4.30pm
Location: Reed Smith LLP, Broadgate Tower, 20 Primrose Street, London EC2A 2RS
Lunch will be provided. Apply now as spaces are limited!
The minimum age for attendance is 16. The overall Insight Day will provide you with a good understanding if you are looking into an alternative career in law.
Reed Smith has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here