Each year UK homes throw away 30 million tonnes of rubbish: that’s the same weight as 3.5 million double-decker buses. In that time, the average British family gets through 7 trees worth of paper, while over 100,000 sea creatures are killed by plastic in our oceans.
Shocked? We are, which is why we’ve decided to put our money where our mouth is and offer you £500 and the support you need to do something about it. Nobody can change the world over night, but by working together we can make a big difference.
This is where you come in. We’re looking for exciting ideas that are both green and digital. We want to know how you think tech could help tackle the planet’s pressing environmental problems. Basically, you bring the big idea, we’ll provide you with the money and support to get it off the ground, and together we’ll start creating change.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
We are looking for innovative project ideas that will help solve some of the world’s worst environmental issues in a digital way. Up until now we’ve funded projects that entail everything from upcycling and 3D printing to virtual reality and events. Whatever your idea, it should be fun and engaging. The more creative the better.
YOUR ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECT MUST:
- Be led by a project leader aged 13-25 who lives in the UK
- Take place within the UK
- Focus on tackling an environmental problem in a digital way
- Be realistic, be completed within 6 months, and be achievable with £500
- Have digital innovation at the heart of it. This may include, but is not limited to, digital platforms, digital connectivity, digital research or data management. You can use anything from video, to social media, to your own website. Options are endless!
- Consider how you can measure the impact that your project is having – whether that’s through questionnaires, interviews etc, we want to see the ways in which you have helped make our environment a better place.
WE WON’T FUND:
- Project Leaders who have already received funding from Think Big. If you have a big idea, but have already been a Level 1 Project Leader, we encourage you to team up with a friend who can take on this role
- Projects which make a profit or fundraise for other charities or causes
- Projects which require full funding just for equipment
- Projects which benefit an individual through training, professional fees or salaries
- Leisure activities
Want to apply to O2′s Think Big Online Safety project?
Click ‘Apply Now’ and when prompted for the youth partner code on the second page please enter ‘ENVIRO’. This is essential or your application may be lost without it!
The deadline to apply is Thursday 16th March.
If you have any questions or queries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0800 902 0250
O2 (Telefonica UK) has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here