THE C4 APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
Our Apprenticeship programme is designed to provide work experience and a related qualification to people leaving formal education and who have decided to pursue an Apprenticeship rather than attend University.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the Apprenticeship. Our Apprentices have external tutors who deliver workshops and seminars to them and offer support throughout the apprenticeship. It is essential for Apprentices to be able to balance their work and learning time and commit to delivering what is required for the formal learning elements in order to successfully achieve the qualifications on completion.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.
AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
You cannot already have a similar qualification at the same or higher level than what is being offered on this apprenticeship. For example, you are not eligible to apply for this role if you already have a Level 4 or higher qualification relating to Market Research.
Please also ensure that you complete all of the application questions below and upload these along with your CV as without these we will be unable to progress your application
L&D Practitioner (Level 3)
Length – 18mths
The Learning & Development team is responsible for leadership and management development in Channel 4. This covers but is not limited to:
- Leadership development programmes
- Management development training
- Employee learning and development activities
- Learning systems
- Performance Management
As a team, we are therefore responsible for identifying C4’s learning and development needs, including designing and sourcing training and learning solutions, delivering training, and working with stakeholders in the business to ensure that we are meeting the capabilities requirements of the Channel.
At C4 we encourage people to be self-starting and to manage their own career and their own learning pathways. As such, our Learning & Development team is responsible for putting together the framework, systems and tools, and training courses within a digital and/or blended learning solution.
- Assist with the roll-out of a new L&D platform
- Assist with basic project management activities associated with the roll-out of the a new learning experience platform
- Liaise with learners in the business to address any concerns or lack of familiarity.
- Become a ‘super-user’ of the new system
- Identify learning needs with stakeholders in the business
- In response to specific requests use sound questioning and active listening skills to understand requirements
- Develop online learning pathways
- Liaise with the customer relationship manager of the new platform to ensure that great material is identified and pushed out to the business.
- Research of online resources
- Design, construct and structure training / learning resources to meet a variety of needs, which will include; planning online pathways, designing creative, engaging, appropriate, and inclusive learning activities (e-learning, digital collaboration, blended etc.), developing online and digital materials and resources to support learning.
- In addition to online/digital activities, the apprentice may be called upon to help plan, organise and prepare for a training/learning event/intervention.
- Develop Reporting
- Respond to requests for report from the system, designing new reports where appropriate
- Produce regular reports on the performance of the system and the take-up of modules by learners.
- Project management and learning administration
- Work with the L&D Assistant to arrange meetings, training sessions, produce reports and process learning documentation as required.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- High level of integrity
- Ability to take feedback, recognise and correct mistakes and continuously improve
- Interest in (and willingness to learn) learning and database systems
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to input data accurately
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Basic numeracy
- Ability to demonstrate creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Good office based admin skills
- Be passionate about and have an understanding of the Channel 4 remit
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS
If you are unable to complete the Apprentice application, we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Skills for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Skills team direct at 4Skills@channel4.co.uk
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
We know that applying for a job can be a lengthy process and that you invest a lot of time and effort in your application, it really doesn’t go unnoticed! Please bear with us as it may take a little time to get back to you following the close date due to the high volume of applications received but please be reassured we look at every application and will get back to you with an outcome as soon as we can.
Stage One – Online application process
Stage Two – If successful through the first screening you will be invited to complete a short video interview to show us your passion for Channel 4 and tell us more about your background. You might even be asked to complete a short work-related task depending on the business area you apply to
Final stage - The final stage will consist of a virtual interview with the hiring manager where you will be able to find out more about the team you will be working with and ask any questions that you may have.
To complete your application please provide a response to the below application questions, you can upload your response to the application questions as an attachment when submitting your application. This can be attached to your application as a PDF or Word document.
- Please outline how you meet the ‘Essential Experience & Skills’ outlined in the Job Description (Max 500 words)
- What is your favourite TV programme at the moment and why? (Max 200 words)
- Tell us about a time that you have had to use your research skills and what were the outcomes of the research? (Max 300 words)
- Tell us about a TV advertising campaign which you think was particularly successful and why? (Max 300 words)
- Describe yourself in a tweet (Max 280 characters)
There are a million reasons why it’s great to work at Channel 4, here are just a few of the perks for you;
• 26 days annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
• Company funded Private Medical Insurance
• A generous Group Personal Pension
• Access to our flexible benefits scheme including dental, travel insurance, health screenings and more!
Channel 4 has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here