The C4 Apprenticeship Programme
Our Apprenticeship programme is designed to provide work experience and a related qualification to people leaving formal education and who have decided to pursue an Apprenticeship rather than attend University.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the Apprenticeship. Our Apprentices have external tutors who deliver workshops and seminars to them and offer support throughout the apprenticeship. It is essential for Apprentices to be able to balance their work and learning time and commit to delivering what is required for the formal learning elements in order to successfully achieve the qualifications on completion.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. Due to COVID there could be some changes in the way that training is delivered, for example it may be virtually rather than in person. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.
Am I eligible to apply?
- You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
- You cannot already have a similar qualification at the same or higher level than what is being offered on this apprenticeship. For example, you are not eligible to apply for this role if you have a Marketing related qualification at a Level 3 or higher.
4creative is the multi-awarded, highly creative, in-house agency for Channel 4. It forms part of the Marketing and Communications Division.
Within that, 4creative is responsible for developing and delivering all advertising campaigns and channel packaging for Channel 4 in every media. As such, 4creative plays a key role in projecting a coherent sense of the 4-brand family.
Reporting to the Producer – the Digital Production Apprentice will support the production of 4creative’s industry-leading digital and social campaigns.
The role requires a basic knowledge of social media, which will be developed extensively whilst working within 4creative. This role provides key support to the wider team, assisting in delivering digital and social campaigns.
The role is support focused and will include admin responsibilities. Along with this there will be opportunities for creative thinking and video editing.
This role would suit someone who is looking to enter the creative industry, with a particular focus on social media advertising.
This apprenticeship would suit someone who:
- Loves content creation and has created their own content previously, whether this be YouTube videos, blogs etc.
- Looking to work in the social media or advertising side of content creation
- Is social media savvy and knows all about the newest trends coming out digitally
- Is really proactive and loves getting involved and offering their assistance whenever needed
- Enjoys being busy and doing a variety of tasks that are creative and administrative
- Assisting the producers and production assistant’s administration, including but not limited to:
- Quality assurance & delivery of campaign content
- Sourcing material for online projects, social video, pitches & briefs
- Transcribing videos for subtitling purposes
- Logging music chosen for promos with music team
- Updating of 4creative website using online content management system.
- Sharing the work produced in the digital team with the wider team
- Organising post-production bookings where required.
- Supporting the digital team in delivering a wide variety of digital projects.
- Assist social shoot production administration including call sheets, sourcing props, arranging cars etc.
- Attend social shoots in a runner capacity, providing production support.
- Source interesting website articles of digital inspiration for the wider 4creative and marketing team.
- Creation, sign off and management of contracts and NDA’s using provided templates.
- Be passionate about and have an understanding of the Channel 4 remit
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Technical & Professional Skills
- Mac & PC literate
- Demonstrable passion for social media, digital marketing and advertising
- Interested in content creation and has evidence of this
- Must be a quick learner, curious and an early adopter of digital and social technologies
- Proactive and show a willingness to seek out and learn about digital & social trends
- Basic knowledge of the Adobe creative suite (opportunities to improve these skills when on the job)
- Understanding and passion for the Channel 4 brand and remit
- Be open to instruction from others
- Good sense of initiative and ability to work independently
- Great organization skills, ability to multi-task and prioritise a busy workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Comfortable building relationships with internal teams and external suppliers
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication.
- Flexible approach and enjoys finding solutions to challenges.
- Resourceful in researching any item or topic
To complete your application please provide a response to the below application questions, you can upload your response to the application questions as an attachment when submitting your application. This can be attached to your application as a PDF or Word document.
- Please outline how you meet the ‘Essential Experience & Skills’ outlined in the Job Description (Max 500 words)
- Tell us about a team project you have worked on (could be professional, academic or personal) including; how it was organised, how you managed your time and how you worked with the other team members. (Max 200 words)
- Tell us about one of 4Creative’s campaigns that you enjoyed and why. Some examples can be found at www.4creative.co.uk (Max 150 words)
- Tell us about a social media account or advertising campaign you like from someone other than Channel 4 and why you like it. (Max 150 words)
- Sum yourself up in a tweet (Max 280 characters)
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS
If you are unable to complete a written application form, we want to make the process of applying for one of our opportunities right for you as an individual. If needed we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Talent for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. If you would like to apply for an opportunity at 4Talent and we can help to make that process simpler for you, please email us at 4Talent@channel4.co.uk or call Yasmin Mehmet on 0207 306 5188.
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.
Start Date: 15th March 2021
Application close date: November 1st 2020
Finale interview date: 22nd January 2021
Qualification: Level 3 Junior Content Producer
Length: 15 months
Channel 4 has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here