Top quality shows. Innovative tech. Must-have packages. With 24 million customers across seven countries, it’s no surprise that Sky is Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. That’s why we need the next generation of coders, challengers, shakers and collaborations to lead us into the future. As a graduate, you can make a real impact here. From software developers to finance professionals. From technical geniuses to marketing gurus. This is the place where people from all walks of life get the freedom and support they need to do their best work.
Nothing happens on-screen without our talented people behind the scenes, working their magic everyday at Sky. Want to learn how to be business leader? Develop cutting-edge products? Gain skills across the business, or become an expert in the specialist area of your choice? The range of graduate programmes here means you have the chance to do all this and more. We also offer lots of internships, insight weeks, and insight days to help you decide what kind of career would suit you best.
Whatever you do, you’ll be working in a fun, fast-moving environment. Surrounded by some of the best people in the industry. Benefiting from on-the-job learning. Enjoying the opportunity to try out new ideas and shape where the business goes next. You’ll also get to see and do things that you simply wouldn’t experience anywhere else.
The real action happens off-screen
Commercial Summer Internship – Osterley
Get involved in every aspect of Commercial Strategy and Planning. Identify new market opportunities and the latest products. Define our quarterly and annual commercial plans. Manage sales and retention. This internship will help you understand the marketplace, and our position in it.
You could take on an internship in:
- Propositional Development: decide which new products and services we should launch with the help of a clear strategy, as well as customer insights.
- Media Planning: work with creative agencies to decide how we should spend our budget.
- Trading Performance: improve sales and customer retention by fine-tuning our pricing and promotion strategies, as well as the channels we use.
Nothing happens on-screen without the talented people behind the scenes, working their magic every day at Sky. Join us for an internship and you’ll be working in a fun, fast-moving environment. Impress us, and we may well offer you a full-time position on our Business Strategy programme once you graduate – starting summer 2022
What you’ll be doing
- Analyse the TV market and competitor activity to inform commercial plans
- Collate insights on broader trends in TV and technology
- Gather and review best practices from other functions on successful embedding of competitor insights
- Lead collation of cross-functional updates on key activities and projects
- Work closely with Finance and Insight teams
- Support on other relevant team priorities e.g. analysis of outputs from research projects, project progress updates
- Find new ways to leverage and streamline team activity and workflow.
What we’re looking for
The one essential requirement is that you’re currently studying for an undergraduate degree in any subject, and in your penultimate year.
Other skills we’re looking for include:
- A great verbal and written communicator
- People orientated with strong organisational skills
- Detail focussed
- Proactive and keen to drive improvements
- A problem solver, with skills to overcome obstacles and find creative alternatives.
So why wait?
Click the Apply button to be redirected to our website to complete our simple application form.
Location: Osterley, West London
Salary: Competitive Salary
Duration: 8 weeks
Expected start date: July 2021
Sky has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here