PRODUCTION FINANCE APPRENTICE
Reports to: Senior Production Finance Manager
The Commercial Affairs Department brings together Channel 4’s professional support services covering Legal & Business Affairs, Production Finance, Rights and Corporate Legal.
The Legal & Business Affairs and Production Finance teams within Commercial Affairs are responsible for the negotiation and the contractual and financial aspects of all developments, commissions and licensed programmes across the portfolio, as well as Channel 4’s on-line activities. We work closely with the commissioning teams and a wide range of external production companies and agencies to ensure that the best deal is agreed for the content.
- Coding and undertaking necessary checks to process invoices
- Preparation of agendas and meeting minutes for Business Approval Board and Programme Finance Committee
- Running reports from business objects (reporting system) and carrying out reconciliations as requested
- Maintenance of some departmental spreadsheets
- General admin and team support to include diary management, archiving/filing, contract binding
- Ensure that all essential information is electronically filed and easily accessible across the Production Finance team
Level 3 Assistant Accountant
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
- Numerate and confident dealing with figures
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail
- Self-motivating and able to work independently
- Confident manner dealing with people
- Computer literacy
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS:
If you are unable to complete a written application form, we want to make the process of applying for one of our opportunities right for you as an individual. If needed we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Talent for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. If you would like to apply for an opportunity at 4Talent and we can help to make that process simpler for you, please email us at 4Talent@channel4.co.uk or call Yasmin Mehmet on 0207 306 5188.
Our apprenticeships are for people 18 years old and over, and are suitable for non-degree holders.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply online at the link below. When you have completed each page please tick the box at the bottom to proceed. Only when all pages are completed and boxes ticked will the ‘submit’ button appear at the end of the application. Once submitted you can return and edit your application up until the closing date of this apprenticeship.
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Talent team direct at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @4talent using the hashtag #C4apprenticeships
Start date: 7th September 2020
This apprenticeship will last for 18 months
The assessment day for this role will take place on the 30th June 2020
Channel 4 has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here