PICTURES TEAM APPRENTICE
Reports to: Pictures Operations Manager
The Pictures Team is responsible for all of Channel 4’s imaging needs. It forms part of the Press & Publicity department, which is responsible for Channel 4’s dealings with the press and wider media. The team supports the department in publicising Channel 4’s programmes across all media platforms by commissioning, editing and supplying high-quality images that reflect the content and values of the programming.
Working with commissioners, producers, talent and some of the country’s best photographers, the Pictures Team develops ideas and concepts for commissioning shoots on location and in a studio. The team is then responsible for producing, editing and distributing imagery from these shoots, as well as liaising with production companies and studios to acquire programme imagery, and sourcing screengrabs from Channel 4 content. All images are then used to promote Channel 4 programming in the media as well as on the All 4 platform and third-party platforms such as Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Sky.
• Caption, tag and store non-commissioned images in the team’s asset management system
• Publish images to press website
• Manage internal requests for the supply of images
• Liaise with production companies to obtain non-commissioned images
• Liaise with and supply images to external picture desks
• Assist Picture Commissioners in the setting up and attendance of photoshoots, both on location/in studio or in office
• Assist Picture Editors in manipulating images using picture editing software to meet the requirements of the All 4 platform and external platforms
• Through in-house training, eventually commission photoshoots for programme publicity
Level 3 Junior Content Producer
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
• Interest in photography and photo editing
• Experience of / interest in creating digital content
• Good computer skills (Mac, Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Basic knowledge of Adobe CC suite
• Good sense of initiative and ability to work independently
• Good organisational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritise
DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
• Enjoys working as part of a team
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS:
If you are unable to complete a written application form, we want to make the process of applying for one of our opportunities right for you as an individual. If needed we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Talent for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. If you would like to apply for an opportunity at 4Talent and we can help to make that process simpler for you, please email us at 4Talent@channel4.co.uk or call Yasmin Mehmet on 0207 306 5188.
If you need to relocate in order to take up an opportunity through 4Talent (training schemes and apprenticeships) we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be over 18 years old and cannot already have a degree in Content Production or similar (TV Production, Media, Film and TV etc) or a Level 3 BTEC Media Production qualification. This is due to the fact that they are higher qualifications than the one we are offering alongside this role, or at the same level. Our apprenticeships are suitable for non-degree holders.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply online at the link below. When you have completed each page please tick the box at the bottom to proceed. Only when all pages are completed and boxes ticked will the ‘submit’ button appear at the end of the application. Once submitted you can return and edit your application up until the closing date of this apprenticeship.
Start date: 7th September 2020
This apprenticeship will last for 14 months
The assessment day for this role will take place on the 13th July 2020
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Talent team direct at email@example.com or tweet @4talent using the hashtag #C4apprenticeships
Channel 4 has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here