CYBER SECURITY APPRENTICE
Reports to: Channel 4 Information Security Officer.
Channel 4 is a publically owned, privately funded UK broadcaster with a remit to produce innovative, alternative and culturally diverse television. Its bold approach means that it must have the ability to protect the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of its intellectual property.
The Channel 4 Information Security team play a critical role in protecting the Channel from Cyber-attacks and educating the staff about the dangers of the online world. The successful apprentice would gain insight into all areas of Cyber security in the broadcasting industry, from Commissioning to Legal, Press and publicity to technology.
During your time at Channel 4 you will be asked to, amongst other things;
- Review regular threat intelligence instances to determine the level of risk to the company and advise accordingly
- Present awareness seminars to staff about the perils and pitfalls of the online world
- Review 3rd party companies and advise on whether they meet the high standards required to work with Channel 4
- Represent Channel 4 externally in meetings, and at conferences
- Use internal and external resources as sources of security related information and provide recommendations to the business
- Assist in the writing and updating of key policies that will be adopted across the company.
- Liaise with other broadcasters to ensure a consistency when applying information security across the industry
- Run Penetration tests against systems to discover vulnerabilities.
Level 4 NVQ Cyber Security Technologist
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
As well as a great sense of humour, we think to be successful here you would need to;
- Has a good understanding of what Cyber Security is and why it is important
- A good understanding of how Cyber Security contributes to the effective running of a business
- Be confident
- Be pragmatic
- Have an inquisitive nature
- Have good communication skills
- Be a Team Player
- Enjoy contributing to projects with ideas and learn from the others
And what will you get out of it?
You will get the chance to work for one of the most unique and innovative Broadcasters in the world. You will have the chance to see from the inside why the broadcast industry has become a target for hackers and infiltrators, and be a key part of securing the Channel. Over the two years you will get to use real systems and gain in depth knowledge of the multi levelled security approach adopted by Channel 4. We will train you in the art of Cyber Security, and set you on the path to success in one of the most sought after industries.
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS:
If you are unable to complete a written application form, we want to make the process of applying for one of our opportunities right for you as an individual. If needed we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Talent for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. If you would like to apply for an opportunity at 4Talent and we can help to make that process simpler for you, please email us at 4Talent@channel4.co.uk or call Yasmin Mehmet on 0207 306 5188.
If you need to relocate in order to take up an opportunity through 4Talent (training schemes and apprenticeships) we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Start date: 7th September 2020
This apprenticeship lasts for 24 months
The assessment day for this role will take place on the 15th July
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Talent team direct at email@example.com or tweet @4talent using the hashtag #C4apprenticeships
Channel 4 has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here