Reports to: Listings and Programme Information Manager
The Listings and Online Information team forms part of Content Management, which is responsible for supporting content delivery across the portfolio: Linear, OnDemand and Listings Services. We support live events, platform/content launches and the management of access services. The department is business critical and needs to meet changing business demands.
The Listings and Online Information team is responsible for publishing TV listings, EPGs (on-screen guides) and All 4 metadata for all Channel 4 channels.
- Management, editing and publication of certain editorial metadata for listings, EPGs and All 4 content
- Providing assistance to Programme Information Editors, and sometimes deputising for them, when necessary
- Publication of listings and EPGs, including schedules, billings and updates
- Managing the workload efficiently and meeting regular publication deadlines
- Working independently and building relationships with the team, the department and relevant colleagues and contacts
- Developing a good level of understanding of C4 systems and applications
Level 3 Junior Content Producer
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
- Accuracy, good standards of writing and grammar, keen attention to detail
- An aptitude for different types of software and an ability to embrace technology
- An ability to work well under pressure, to short-term deadlines, and to balance competing priorities
- Self-motivated with good time-management skills and the initiative to self-manage
- Strong communication skills, with colleagues and external contacts
- An appreciation of the role of listings and its influence on viewers#
- Passion for Channel 4 and our content
DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
- Editorial awareness
- Able to build relationships across multiple locations, with tact and diplomacy
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS:
If you are unable to complete a written application form, we want to make the process of applying for one of our opportunities right for you as an individual. If needed we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Talent for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. If you would like to apply for an opportunity at 4Talent and we can help to make that process simpler for you, please email us at 4Talent@channel4.co.uk or call Yasmin Mehmet on 0207 306 5188.
If you need to relocate in order to take up an opportunity through 4Talent (training schemes and apprenticeships) we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Role Description
You must be over 18 years old and cannot already have a degree in Content Production or similar (TV Production, Media, Film and TV etc) or a Level 3 BTEC Media Production qualification. This is due to the fact that they are higher qualifications than the one we are offering alongside this role, or at the same level. Our apprenticeships are suitable for non-degree holders.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply online at the link below. When you have completed each page please tick the box at the bottom to proceed. Only when all pages are completed and boxes ticked will the ‘submit’ button appear at the end of the application. Once submitted you can return and edit your application up until the closing date of this apprenticeship.
Start date: 7th September 2020
This apprenticeship will last for 14 months
The assessment day for this role will take place on the w/c 13th July
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Talent team direct at email@example.com or tweet @4talent using the hashtag #C4apprenticeships
Channel 4 has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here