SOCIAL MEDIA APPRENTICE
Reports to: Social Media Manager
The Marketing department consists of four teams (marketing, media planning, social media and on-air continuity) which are together responsible for leading a coherent brand strategy for the organisation’s network of channels and services including Channel 4, E4, Film4 and All 4; prioritising, planning and implementing all on- and off-air marketing campaigns.
The marketing department sits within the wider Marketing, Creative and Digital group (MCD) which also includes 4Creative and the Digital Creative Unit (DCU).
Reporting into a Social Media Manager, the Social Media Apprentice is a key member of the Social Media team, supporting the team to produce campaigns that successfully drive viewers to engage with Channel 4 and assisting with the department’s day to day tasks.
• Social Media Management: Working closely with 4Creative and the Social Media team to coordinate, manage and build Channel 4, E4 and All 4’s social media presence. This will involve devising fresh ideas and bringing them to fruition on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok.
• Relationship Management: Build and maintain good relationships with internal departments and external partners. Ensuring they are aware of and supporting marketing activity. This includes 4Creative, Schedules, Viewer Relationship Management, Media Planning and syndicated platforms (e.g. Sky, Virgin, Netflix).
• Administration: Assisting members of the Social Media team with day-to-day administrative and ad hoc tasks.
Level 3 Junior Content Producer
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
• Clear and demonstrable passion for TV and digital content
• Strong IT skills
• A good understanding and knowledge of social media
• Strong communication skills and ability to build positive relationships
• Understanding of the Channel 4 brand
• Good sense of initiative, ability to work independently
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Creative writing
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS:
If you are unable to complete a written application form, we want to make the process of applying for one of our opportunities right for you as an individual. If needed we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Talent for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. If you would like to apply for an opportunity at 4Talent and we can help to make that process simpler for you, please email us at 4Talent@channel4.co.uk or call Yasmin Mehmet on 0207 306 5188.
If you need to relocate in order to take up an opportunity through 4Talent (training schemes and apprenticeships) we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be over 18 years old and cannot already have a degree in Content Production or similar (TV Production, Media, Film and TV etc) or a Level 3 BTEC Media Production qualification. This is due to the fact that they are higher qualifications than the one we are offering alongside this role, or at the same level. Our apprenticeships are suitable for non-degree holders.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply online at the link below. When you have completed each page please tick the box at the bottom to proceed. Only when all pages are completed and boxes ticked will the ‘submit’ button appear at the end of the application. Once submitted you can return and edit your application up until the closing date of this apprenticeship.
Start date: 7th September 2020
This apprenticeship lasts for 14 months
The assessment day for this role will take place on the 1st July 2020.
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Talent team direct at email@example.com or tweet @4talent using the hashtag #C4apprenticeships
Channel 4 has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here