PRODUCTION RUNNER APPRENTICE
Reports to: Executive Channel Producer
4creative is the multi-awarded, highly creative, in-house ad agency based within Channel 4. 4creative is responsible for developing and delivering all advertising campaigns for the Channel 4 brand and our programmes.
The role of Production Runner is to assist the production department in creating our advertising campaigns including off air, on air, digital and interactive, both in-house and on shoots.
- Assist Producers/PAs with production administration including call sheets, booking post-production, arranging cars for shoots etc
- Attend location and studio shoots in runner capacity, providing production support
- Assist the PAs with the logging of props and costumes
- Assist the PAs with the archiving & logging of all project material
- Support the production department with the post production process including liaising with Broadcast Centre, Tape/Footage tracking, Quality Control, delivering tapes etc
- Assist Production Assistants (PAs) in the checking and delivery of on-air promos for broadcast Liaise with other departments at Channel 4 including Marketing, Media Planning and other areas of the business where required.
Level 3 Junior Content Producer
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
- Good understanding of 4creative campaigns and how they support the Channel 4 remit
- Passionate about developing a career in creative content
- Good basic computer literacy skills
- Good sense of initiative and ability to work independently
- Good at building and maintaining internal & external relationships
- Ability to learn quickly and be open to instruction
- Good organisational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Must be able to think quickly in order to respond to Production’s ever changing needs
DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
- Resourceful in researching any item or topic
- Keen interest in social media
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS:
If you are unable to complete a written application form, we want to make the process of applying for one of our opportunities right for you as an individual. If needed we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Talent for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. If you would like to apply for an opportunity at 4Talent and we can help to make that process simpler for you, please email us at 4Talent@channel4.co.uk or call Yasmin Mehmet on 0207 306 5188.
HOW TO APPLY TEXT
You must be over 18 years old and cannot already have a degree in Content Production or similar (TV Production, Media, Film and TV etc) or a Level 3 BTEC Media Production qualification. This is due to the fact that they are higher qualifications than the one we are offering alongside this role, or at the same level. Our apprenticeships are suitable for non-degree holders.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply online at the link below. When you have completed each page please tick the box at the bottom to proceed. Only when all pages are completed and boxes ticked will the ‘submit’ button appear at the end of the application. Once submitted you can return and edit your application up until the closing date of this apprenticeship.
If you need to relocate in order to take up an opportunity through 4Talent (training schemes and apprenticeships) we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Start date: 7th September
This apprenticeship will last for 14 months
The assessment day for this role will take place on the 3rd July 2020.
Channel 4 has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here