CORPORATE AFFAIRS APPRENTICE
Reports to: Senior Policy and Public Affairs Manager and Senior Policy and Public Affairs Executive
Corporate Affairs is part of the Communications and Corporate Affairs Department and is responsible for managing Channel 4’s internal and external relationships with key stakeholders.
The Corporate Affairs Team work across the organisation to communicate important messages to staff, run internal and external events and develop Channel 4’s position on key policy issues and then communicate this to external stakeholders like the Government, Ofcom and Members of the Houses of Commons and Lords.
- Providing administrative support across the team, including Public Affairs, Policy, Corporate Events, Internal Communications and Corporate Communications
- Assisting with the organisation and execution of corporate events
- Researching MPs and Peers to contribute to briefing notes, and keeping contact database up to date
- Monitoring and researching relevant parliamentary business
- Writing press releases and briefings on Channel 4’s programmes and campaigns for political stakeholders
- Management of Channel 4 Corporate Twitter Account
- Working closely with other teams across Channel 4 to ensure a joined-up approach including the wider Communications team, Marketing and Commissioning.
Level 4 Public Relations & Communications Assistant
- ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
- A love for TV and Channel 4 in particular
- An understanding of Channel 4’s purpose and Public Service Broadcasting
- An interest in politics and current affairs
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to summarise and condense complex information
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
Experience of working at events
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS:
If you are unable to complete a written application form, we want to make the process of applying for one of our opportunities right for you as an individual. If needed we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Talent for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here. If you would like to apply for an opportunity at 4Talent and we can help to make that process simpler for you, please email us at 4Talent@channel4.co.uk or call Yasmin Mehmet on 0207 306 5188.
If you need to relocate in order to take up an opportunity through 4Talent (training schemes and apprenticeships) we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation. For more information please contact email@example.com
Full Role Description
Our apprenticeships are for people 18 years old and over, and are suitable for non-degree holders.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply online at the link below. When you have completed each page please tick the box at the bottom to proceed. Only when all pages are completed and boxes ticked will the ‘submit’ button appear at the end of the application. Once submitted you can return and edit your application up until the closing date of this apprenticeship.
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Talent team direct at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet @4talent using the hashtag #C4apprenticeships
Start date: 7th September 2020
This apprenticeship will run for 16 months
The assessment day for this role will take place on the 30th June 2020.
Channel 4 has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here