At Capgemini we often say that we’re the biggest company you’ve never heard of. We are one of the world’s largest (and we think best!) tech companies, helping our clients to transform their businesses through ingenious technology solutions. We deliver exciting & innovative client projects across multiple industries all over the world using cutting edge technology in an entrepreneurial and supportive environment.
Importantly, you’ll have a community around you of likeminded apprentices who are part of the 4 ½ year programme. You’ll start your journey together in March, June, September or November, on an eight-week residential training course where you’ll learn everything you need to know to kick-start your amazing career at Capgemini.
What are the key benefits of a Degree Apprenticeship?
- You’ll have a full-time permanent role from day one, and a competitive starting annual salary
- You’ll study part-time for your degree through Aston University – whilst being able to put your new skills into practice in your day to day role
- You’ll be in a supportive environment, with flexibility such as study leave to help you out
- Did we mention it’s 100% free? We’re sponsoring all of the costs of your degree – You’ll get the best of both worlds – with all the benefits of a job with a prestigious company and those of being a student at one of the best universities in the UK.
You will study for a BSc Honours degree in Digital & Technology Solutions whilst applying what you are learning and making an impact in one of our exciting roles.
What’s the catch you ask? Well actually there isn’t one… you don’t need to be a techie, but we do ask that you’re as passionate as we are about the ways tech can be applied in the real world.
Location and start dates
Currently we have vacancies located in London, Aston (near Birmingham), Woking, Sale (near Manchester), Treforest (near Cardiff), Telford to start on the following dates:
- 5th March 2018
- 4th June 2018
- 3rd September 2018
- 5th November 2018
You will need to be flexible and able to travel to different offices and client sites after your first 3 months. During the first 9 weeks you will experience an induction and training programme in a residential environment with Week 1 based at our Telford offices and then Weeks 2-9 on campus at Aston University.
We have a number of different roles based across the UK. These include Software Developer, Software Test Consultant and Technical Application Consultant. If you reach the digital assessment stage, we will talent pool you towards the most suitable role based on your background and location preference.
- High analytical capability
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to different offices and client sites
- Passion for technology
- Good team working and communications skills
This programme is designed for those with A-levels or equivalent, but no degree. Information about work experience opportunities can be found on our website.
Who can apply?
To be eligible, you need:
- 7 GCSE’s A-C including Maths and English (4-9)
Plus one of the following:
- Three C’s at A-Level (96 UCAS Points – Note: As Levels are not included)
- Completed Advanced Apprenticeship
- BTEC (Pass, Pass, Distinction)
- Online Application Form
- Online Situational Strengths Test
- Online Digital Interview
- Assessment Centre
Click the ‘Apply here’ button below and follow the instructions. It is essential that you complete the application form and state your grades for all relevant qualifications as it is a requirement for the programme.
What happens next?
If your application for a Degree Apprenticeship is short listed, you’ll be asked to complete a Situational Strength Test. If you’re successful there, the next stage will be a Digital Interview. Next, you’ll be invited to an assessment centre consisting of an interview, micro exercises and a group exercise. We will keep you updated at every stage of the process.
Capgemini has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here