THE C4 APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME
Our Apprenticeship programme is designed to provide work experience and a related qualification to people leaving formal education and who have decided to pursue an Apprenticeship rather than attend University.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the Apprenticeship. Our Apprentices have external tutors who deliver workshops and seminars to them and offer support throughout the apprenticeship. It is essential for Apprentices to be able to balance their work and learning time and commit to delivering what is required for the formal learning elements in order to successfully achieve the qualifications on completion.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.
AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
You cannot already have a similar qualification at the same or higher level than what is being offered on this apprenticeship. For example, you are not eligible to apply for this role if you already have a Level 4 or higher qualification relating to Market Research.
Please also ensure that you complete all of the application questions below and upload these along with your CV as without these we will be unable to progress your application
Market Research (Level 4)
Length: 18 Months
Channel 4’s Consumer Insight department exists to help the corporation understand the attitudes, behaviours and habits of our viewers. This helps guide both the creative function of the channel and also support commercial sustainability and revenue generation. The objectives of the department are to:
- Develop a deeper relationship with our viewers than any other broadcaster
- Understand them in terms of what they think, what they like and what they do
- Gain a commercial advantage by using these relationships, supported by data and insight, to deliver superior content and innovation, both to viewers and advertisers
- Doing research on our viewers to ensure we really understand our audiences.
- Staying on top of the latest industry trends and developments
The Audience Research & Insight team is focused on leading Channel 4’s audience research to provide forward thinking, actionable insight that that supports Commissioning, Scheduling, Marketing and Strategy and is part of the Consumer Insight department, representing the voice of the audience within the business.
During your time in the AR&I team you’ll get involved in all areas of the research work we do, from talking to our viewers (via quantitative or qualitative research) and understanding what they think of our programmes, to using our tools to see how many people watched Bake Off this week! There’ll also be specific projects for you to work on and we’ll help you to quickly build up your skills and knowledge of the media industry.
- Learning to use industry research tools (i.e BARB, TGI) to understand viewing trends and audience behaviour
- Learning to use internal programmes/panels (4react, 4Youth, Core4, social tools) to gauge how audiences are engaging with our programmes
- Evaluating how well a programme has performed and feeding this back to Commissioning, Channel Management, Marketing and Press
- Reviewing portfolio and competitor performance at a channel, brand and programme level
- Delivering regular insight reports to a wide range of stakeholders across the business
- Ad hoc C4, E4 and More4 research projects using quantitative research methods
- Supporting the team with original research studies to enhance Channel 4’s brand proposition. This could include; research into key audience groups, emerging trends, behaviours and technologies, or the development of new programme formats
- Keeping up to date with digital, social media and SVOD trends (i.e Netflix, Amazon) as well as general youth trends
- Keeping up to date with wide cultural and social trends
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A passion for Channel 4 and our remit, and all things TV.
- Curiosity about what makes people tick.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good numeracy skills and an eye for detail.
- Ability to follow instructions and work both independently and part of a team.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is preferred.
- Experience of analysing data and digging for insights (either in college or work environment).
ALTERNATIVE APPLICATION FORMATS
If you are unable to complete the Apprentice application, we are happy to consider alternative formats of the application form.
For example, you could arrange a phone call with 4Skills for you to speak your answers and a member of the team can scribe, or if you’d like to create a five minute YouTube video/ voice recording, these are also options available. If you have a different alternative, we really welcome your suggestions to ensure you have a fair chance of applying.
Take a look at our access page for more information, which you’ll find by clicking here
If you have any questions about this apprenticeship vacancy please email the 4Skills team direct at 4Skills@channel4.co.uk
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
We know that applying for a job can be a lengthy process and that you invest a lot of time and effort in your application, it really doesn’t go unnoticed! Please bear with us as it may take a little time to get back to you following the close date due to the high volume of applications received but please be reassured we look at every application and will get back to you with an outcome as soon as we can.
Stage One – Online application process
Stage Two – If successful through the first screening you will be invited to complete a short video interview to show us your passion for Channel 4 and tell us more about your background. You might even be asked to complete a short work-related task depending on the business area you apply to
Final stage - The final stage will consist of a virtual interview with the hiring manager where you will be able to find out more about the team you will be working with and ask any questions that you may have.
To complete your application please provide a response to the below application questions, you can upload your response to the application questions as an attachment when submitting your application. This can be attached to your application as a PDF or Word document.
- Please outline how you meet the ‘Essential Experience & Skills’ outlined in the Job Description (Max 500 words)
- What is your favourite TV programme at the moment and why? (Max 200 words)
- Tell us about a time that you have had to use your research skills and what were the outcomes of the research? (Max 300 words)
- Tell us about a TV advertising campaign which you think was particularly successful and why? (Max 300 words)
- Describe yourself in a tweet (Max 280 characters)
There are a million reasons why it’s great to work at Channel 4, here are just a few of the perks for you;
• 26 days annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
• Company funded Private Medical Insurance
• A generous Group Personal Pension
• Access to our flexible benefits scheme including dental, travel insurance, health screenings and more!
Channel 4 has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here