Allianz is the home for those who dare – a supportive place where you can take the initiative to grow and to actively strengthen our global leadership position. By truly caring about people – both its 85 million private and corporate customers and more than 142,000 employees Allianz fosters a culture where its employees are empowered to collaborate, perform, embrace trends and challenge the industry. Our main ambition is to be our customers’ trusted partner, instilling them with the confidence to grow. If you dare, join us at Allianz Group. Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is the Allianz Group’s dedicated carrier for corporate and specialty insurance business. AGCS provides insurance and risk consultancy across the whole spectrum of specialty, alternative risk transfer and corporate business: Marine, Aviation (incl. Space), Energy, Engineering, Entertainment, Financial Lines (incl. D&O), Liability, Mid-Corporate and Property insurance (incl. International Insurance Programs).
What will I be doing?
Based in London and working in the Energy team, you will oversee the team’s digital initiatives, independently
prepare underwriting processes and liaise with other functions to ensure timely/accurate policy administration.
- Participate in Energy digital initiatives including advancing task transfer
- Underwriting of new and renewal accounts to meet top and bottom line targets in line with underwriting strategy. The level of underwriting authority will depend on the successful candidate’s level of experience.
- Proactively prepare relevant underwriting information including client / market research and claims data
- Assist in the coordination of Natural Catastrophe reporting
- Ensure Underwriting compliance in line with the governance framework e.g.. Underwriting Authorities and Guidelines
- Assist in ensuring contract certainty is achieved on all accounts at time of inception of the policy
- Assist in ensuring binding of facultative Reinsurance prior to policy inception
- Proactively work with other functions e.g. operations, credit control, marketing, risk consulting and claims
- Develop and maintain peer relationships with brokers, clients and the Underwriting teams in the Region and head office
- Coordinate market facing initiatives to promote Onshore Energy
- Assist in the management of broker facilities (checking / agreeing policy documentation, administration, tracking progression of policies, broker follow-up)
You must have …
- At least 2 years’ experience in the insurance market, preferably in Energy
- Degree-level education – ideally in chemical engineering.
- Willing to undertake ACII (industry qualification)
- Basic to good understanding of policy administration life cycle, information collection, policy issuance,
- premium bookings and credit control
- Organized approach to administration and ability to multitask
- Strong customer service ethic in a global and fast paced changing business environment
- Good communication skills
- Able to show initiative, be proactive and solution-oriented
- Ability to analyze highly complex data
- Basic understanding of legal and regulatory framework
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Proficient understanding of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
AGCS is dedicated to offering its employees an environment open for learning and development and hosts its own Underwriting Academy to drive continued excellence in underwriting and to better understand and serve our clients’ needs.
At Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic
environment with global challenges at the world’s leading P&C insurer. Did you know Allianz insures more than half of the Fortune Global 500® companies, or that AGCS insures major movie productions, cyber security threats, and that we are the leading specialist in
satellite and space insurance?
We have offices in 29 countries and with our extensive Allianz and partner network we help customers in more than 160 countries worldwide.
At AGCS UK we are not only impressive for our clients, but also for our employees as we offer the following generous benefits:
- Flexible buy/sell holiday options
- Bupa private medical insurance
- Generous pension contributions
- Enhanced paid maternity, paternity, shared parental leave
- Flexible working options
- Subsidized on-site massages
- Employee stock purchase plan for Allianz shares
- Education / study sponsorship
- Global mobility within AGCS and the wider Allianz Group
…and many more individual flexible benefits to choose from. We pride ourselves on our approach to wellbeing and provide regular seminars, activities, and events devoted towards the overall health of our employees.
We are looking for talented individuals who are passionate about what they do – come and find out why AGCS is the place for you!
CVs and a short cover letter explaining why you are interested/the right candidate for the role should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 13th April 2018
Minimum age: 18
AGCS has signed up to our GoThinkBig Manifesto, download it here