Great news! We’ve teamed up with the Tech Partnership, a network of employers who are working to create skills for the UK’s digital economy. Their ambition is to create enough skills for a million people to have tech jobs by 2025. Now, we’re working together to get you guys clued up on the benefits of digital apprenticeships and the huge range of digital careers you could have if you chose to do an apprenticeship.
It’s still one of the best kept secrets out there, but gradually more and more students are getting to hear about the new way to work for a great company, earn a salary, and gain a degree all at the same time and all with no student loan to repay!
If you’re interested digital or tech career, we’ve got good news: the tech industry has created a special digital degree apprenticeship, accredited by the Tech Partnership, called the BSc Digital & Technology solutions degree apprenticeship.
Take a look below as we round up all the need to know facts on degree apprenticeships…
What’s in it for me?
1. The chance to earn, learn and gain a degree
- On a degree apprenticeship, you can earn and learn on the job and gain an honours degree all at the same time.
- Each degree apprenticeship lasts at least three-years, and the programme combines on-the-job learning, practical technology expertise and business skills with studying.
- Degree apprentices are full-time employees, which means you’ll receive a full salary throughout the duration of your study.
2. It’s free (for you!)
- Degree apprentices don’t pay student fees, which means you won’t have a graduate debt to repay!
- Instead, your employer and the government together will take care of your fees.
3. An honours degree tailored to the real-life job market
- The BSc Digital & Technology solutions degree is the academic part of the degree apprenticeship.It’s designed by top employers to make you really employable and give you the skills and knowledge that the tech sector are desperate for their employees to have.
- The programme is currently offered by 16 universities across the UK , and another 10 unis are planning to offer it from September 2017 onwards.
4. The opportunity to work for a leading brand or growing business
- You can find opportunities to gain an apprenticeship with forward-looking local businesses.
- Plus, a number of leading employers have got together to offer the Digital & Technology solutions degree apprenticeship. They include these well-known brands…
The important questions…
How much will I earn?
- It differs from company to company and role to role, but starting salaries for degree apprentices typically range from £14,000 to £22,500.
What will I study?
- Each course covers essential knowledge, understanding and skills, with additional options relevant to different job roles such as; cyber security analyst or software engineer.
- The BSc Digital & Technology solutions degree apprenticeship offers flexibility to support a wide range of job roles.
Am I eligible to apply?
- You’ll have to meet the employer’s individual recruitment requirements and you’ll also need to get the right A-Levels grades for the university you’ll be studying at. Check out the employers’ websites for more details.
What do I do next?
- If you want to apply for this unique degree apprenticeship, you’ll need to go direct to the employer through their recruitment website. To find out more about the programme, how to get involved and which employers and universities are currently offering the programme click here.
Liked this? You might also enjoy…